When you provide us with personal data or use our websites, you agree to be bound by this policy which we may update from time to time.
Our Privacy Principles
- We will only collect personal data that is relevant to the services we provide, handle it securely and retain it only as long as necessary.
- We may request your communication preferences and make it simple to change them.
- We will not sell or give your information to a third-party organization other than our trusted service providers who provide certain secure business functions on our behalf or in the event of the sale or transfer of our business or its assets.
The Information We Collect
When you purchase licenses or services from CCS, we will require only the personal information that is necessary for the administration of your account with us.
As a general rule, we do not collect personally-identifying information about you when you visit our websites or online services and we will retain only the information you choose to share with us.
When you sign up for CCS’s licenses or services, you may provide some or all of the following:
- Your title, name, email, postal address, telephone numbers, and relevant payment information.
- Usernames and passwords that you have chosen to log in to secure CCS services.
When you use our websites and online services we may collect:
- Information about the licenses and subscriptions that you purchase from us including your method of payment.
- Information about the pages visited, and links clicked, including the date and time.
- The internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site.
- Information about the devices you have used, including mobile device identifiers, operating system, IP address, and type of browser.
When you interact with us through email, social media, surveys or promotions, we may collect:
- Personal data that you freely provide about yourself that is relevant to the nature of the interaction, such as your name, username, and email address.
- Details of the emails you open, and links clicked.
- Your comments in forums and feedback from surveys.
If you identify yourself by sending an e-mail containing personal information requesting that we mail information or otherwise respond to you, we may use and maintain this information for responding to such requests and for our records. We may forward your e-mail to other CCS employees or independent contractors who are better able to serve you.
Data obtained from other sources
We may obtain personal data from other legitimate sources, including trusted third-party providers, and use this data to:
- Verify and correct the information we hold.
- Send information about license renewal and account management.
- Send marketing communications.
- Initiate or deliver targeted content via online advertising and social media.
How And Why We Use Personal Data
CCS may collect and retain data that is required to administer your account or improve your experience, provide you with information about our services, or provide you with information that we believe is important, in your interest to know, or that you have permitted us to send.
We may use your data in the following ways:
To make our services available to you
- Ensuring that the administration of your account is simple and secure.
- Enabling us to provide the services you require and to process orders and refunds efficiently.
- Enabling us to provide support and respond to inquiries quickly and accurately.
- Where CCS acts as an agent for other rightsholder organizations and you hold one of their licenses, we may share your data with them.
To improve the way we operate and communicate
- The data we hold about you enables us to improve our internal systems and our range of services.
- By monitoring the use of our services, we can detect and prevent misuse and fraud and ensure that they can be accessed safely and securely.
- We use web technologies such as cookies to improve the way our websites and online services work. Some cookies are necessary and, if disabled, may limit functionality and affect your user experience.
- We may use third-party analytics tools (e.g. Hotjar and Google Analytics) to help us understand our users’ experience (e.g., how much time they spend on web pages, which links they choose, what they do and don’t like, etc.).
- User feedback helps us build and maintain our services, determine technical design specifications and monitor system performance.
To ensure our communications are relevant and valuable
- Interactions and browsing behavior help us understand you better and determine what is of most and least interest, meaning we can personalize our services, marketing communications, and promotions and measure their effectiveness.
- We’re committed to respecting your marketing preferences and making it easy to change them.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to CCS. However, CCS is unable to issue and administer copyright licenses, services and agreements without it.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
CCS may take the following steps toward protecting your data.
- We may use firewalls and data encryption to protect data that is stored electronically, and we take appropriate measures to ensure that our buildings and any files we store physically are secure.
- Whenever we collect or disclose personal data, we may employ physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to ensure its safety. Consequently, we may ask you for proof of identity before we can disclose personal information to you.
- We encrypt all data that is transferred electronically using the industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- When your data is transferred, stored, or processed in a different country, we may employ appropriate measures to ensure that your data remains secure.
We cannot guarantee the security of any email provider or online service which is not managed by us, and which you use to transfer data to us.
Your Personal Data and Service Providers
CCS works with reputable service providers who may process your data to perform business functions on our behalf. These may include analytics or marketing service providers, including without limitation, Hotjar, Google Analytics, MailChimp/Mandrill, SurveyGizmo, Scantech Group, and others.
Such service providers are contractually required to keep your data safe, use it only for the purposes agreed, and delete it when it is no longer required. They have agreed not to share it, nor use it for their marketing purposes.
Your Personal Data and Marketing
CCS may share potentially valuable or interesting information with you and, from time to time, ask for your feedback via online surveys.
- When you provide us with your personal data, either by phone, email or a physical or online form, we may provide a clear and simple way to confirm your communication preferences.
- In most instances, we will only send you marketing emails where you have opted-in to receive them.
- We may give you the opportunity to opt-in to receive different marketing emails based on your interests. An opportunity to unsubscribe from any particular list may be clearly provided at the bottom of each email.
- We may provide information to you that we believe will be of legitimate interest.
- We will make it simple for you to change your communications preferences, which you can do at any time online, over the phone or by writing to us.
- If we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or its assets, the personal data we maintain may be part of such a transaction.
A ‘cookie’ is a file placed on your personal computer’s hard drive by a website.
Cookies store and exchange small pieces of temporary data between a website and a user’s computer which enable a “session” or “dialogue” between the two machines. With the session established, CCS can tailor its responses (i.e., provide you with the information you want) and help you traverse our web pages efficiently and effectively. A session is broken when you exit your browser.
CCS may use “session cookies” — (i.e., temporarily stored cookies in your computer’s memory). Session cookies are normally deleted from a user’s computer when the user logs off the computer, or the user exits the browser.
For security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, our websites may also employ systems to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the law.
We may use Hotjar to understand our users’ needs and to optimize this service and experience.
Hotjar is a technology service that helps us better understand our users’ needs and optimize our online services and experience (e.g., how much time they spend on web pages, which links they choose to click, what users do and don’t like, etc.). User feedback helps CCS build and maintain quality service.
You can opt-out of the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this Hotjar opt-out.
Comments on articles, blogs and videos can be helpful to other viewers, provided that a spirit of helpfulness is the intent of the person doing the commenting.
We may review any comments on CCS’s websites. We reserve the right to edit/delete spam comments, duplicate comments, unsupported accusations, vulgar comments, vile comments, personal attacks of any kind, terms offensive to groups when used in a derogatory manner, and any other comment deemed inappropriate at our discretion.
We reserve the right to ban offenders who post comments under another person’s name, submit an egregious comment or repeatedly submit comments that do not meet our standards.
Do Not Track Signals
The CCS website does not respond to do not track signals and may collect personal data about users as they move across third party websites.
E.U. User Rights
If you are an E.U. resident and submit your Personal Data to us or we otherwise collect Personal Data about you as defined by GDPR, you have the following rights regarding how we manage your Personal Data. For purposes of this “EU User Rights” section, “Personal Data” means any information which we may link or otherwise connect with your account or identity. To exercise the rights provided below, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject EU Privacy Request.
Explanation and access to your Personal Data: You have the right to be informed about your Personal Data CCS has in its possession. You also have the right to request a copy of all Personal Data in CCS’s possession if we collected such Personal Data based on consent or because it is required to provide a service that you requested from CCS.
Data Deletion: You may request the deletion of your account and all Personal Data in our possession. CCS may retain certain Personal Data if required by law or for legitimate business purposes as permitted by GDPR.
Data Correction: If you believe in Personal Data in CCS’S possession is inaccurate, you may request correction of such Personal Data.
Objections: You may object to CCS’s processing of your Personal Data (including for marketing purposes), based on profiling or automated decision-making. However, CCS may continue to process your Personal Data if it is doing so in accordance with GDPR regulations. You may file a complaint with the appropriate European governmental agency if you believe CCS’s management of your Personal Data is not in accordance with GDPR.
- Grounds for Processing Personal Data.
i. CCS may collect and use your Personal Data based on your consent. You may revoke your consent at any time but doing so will prevent you from accessing any service or feature that requires collection or use of the Personal Data CCS collected or used based on consent.
ii. CCS relies on consent in connection with data collections or uses of Personal Data that are necessary to enhance the user experience, to enable optional services or features, or to communicate with you.
b. To provide certain services you request. To provide you with certain services that you request from CCS, we may collect and use Personal Data such as:
i. Information necessary for your account or user profile, for communicating with you, for verifying your identity, to fulfill orders for products or services, or to make or receive payments;
ii. Transaction information about a specific transaction you have initiated with CCS; or
iii. Usage information, which is necessary to maintain, optimize, and enhance CCS’s services, such as products or features on our website which generate greater traffic.
c. Compliance with legal obligations, protecting the vital interests of a third party or general public.
i. CCS may process or disclose Personal Data to comply with a legal investigation, at the request or law enforcement, if there is a threat to the safety or property of another person, or a substantial public interest.
d. Necessary for CCS’s legitimate interests.
i. To prevent, detect and combat fraud in connection with the use of our services.
ii. To provide customer support.
iii. To optimize our service and develop new services.
iv. For research and analytical purposes. This includes, for example, analyzing usage trends to improve the user experience.
v. For direct marketing purposes. This includes, for example, analyzing data to identify trends and tailor marketing messages to user needs.
Update and Access Your Data: Your Rights and Control
If you believe the information that CCS holds about you is incorrect, please contact us and we will update our records as soon as possible.
You have the right to see the personal data that we hold about you. However, how we deal with such requests, and whether we charge a fair administration fee may differ depending on the law in the country of your residence.
Your California Privacy Rights
Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who provide personal data in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from CCS once a calendar year information about the Personal Data CCS shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of personal data and the names and addresses of those businesses with which CCS shared Personal for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2019 will receive information regarding 2018 sharing activities).
To obtain this information from CCS please contact us via email@example.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line of your email. The requested information, if required by law, will be provided to you at your email inbox.
Christian Copyright Solutions
17205 SE Mill Plain Blvd, Suite 150
Vancouver, WA 98683