You and your team have undoubtedly put in countless hours preparing for this weekend. Easter Sunday is THE MOST attended church service of the year, graced by many who may only attend your church once or twice a year (Christmas follows second). How do you engage these people and encourage them to come back on a more consistent basis? Here are a few quick tips that are easy to implement but can have a lasting impact on your guests:
- Make sure they have a wonderful initial experience. This includes everything from having your Easter programs and times clearly listed on your website to an easy-to-navigate parking lot. You may even want specially designated parking areas for guests.
- Make them feel welcome, and then invite them back. Have staff or volunteers greet each person who walks through the door, and have them fill out a card to collect their information. Send them a thank you note the week following Easter.
- Plan a post-Easter event a week or two after Easter. This could be a Spring Fling, an Easter egg hunt, you name it!
- Update your website. Consider adding a first-time visitor button to your site, the easier it is for them to learn about your ministry the better chance they will come back.
- Pray. Have every member of your congregation commit to praying for those who attended the Easter service.
We wish each and every one of you a joyous Easter season and abundant blessings as we celebrate the resurrection symbolizing the eternal life that is granted to all who believe in Him.
About Christian Copyright Solutions: CCS’s quest is to help churches and Christian ministries “do music right.” CCS is an expert on church music copyrights and our primary focus is providing licensing and clear educational resources to churches, as well as representation, administration, and advocacy for copyright owners. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, andYouTube. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice or a substitute for legal counsel.