Wherever Your Music Leads You

The PERFORMmusic Facilities License gives your church the freedom to play or perform more than 28 million Christian and secular songs anywhere in your facilities or satellite campuses. 

The Religious Service Exemption in U.S. Copyright law allows churches to play and perform copyrighted music during religious services, however, this exemption does NOT apply to music outside of services. PERFORMmusic can help pick up where the exemption leaves off. 

What can my church do with PERFORMmusic?

Onsite Church Facilities
Outdoor & Drive-In Events
Adult & Children's Ministry
Satellite Campuses & Offsite Events
Comprehensive Copyright Coverage

This one-stop license gives you the freedom to play or perform millions of songs from all genres, Christian, secular, holiday, instrumentals, and choral music.

Music Anywhere and Everywhere

From mid-week groups to youth clubs to social and outreach events, you can enhance all your church activities with music.

No Reporting Required

The PERFORMmusic license allows you to enhance all your church activities with music and requires no reporting.

Affordable Annual Fee

Save time and money. Pay one annual fee based on average weekly attendance at your church.

How much does the PERFORMmusic License cost?
License fees are based on the average weekly attendance of all your church’s services.
Average Attendance Annual Fee
1 – 199 $289
200 – 499 $439
500 – 1,999 $759
2,000 – 5,999 $1,189
6,000 – 14,999 $2,719
15,000+ $3,049
Order a License

We'll help you determine the right copyright coverage for your organization.


The Religious Service Exemption in US Copyright law allows churches to play and perform music during religious services, but it does NOT apply to music outside of services. Churches have the same requirements as any business, restaurant, or venue and you must have the proper licensing in place to use live and pre-recorded music onsite before and after services, in cafes or bookstores, or at social and outreach events.

The CCLI Church License covers the right to copy music for congregational singing. It does not include the rights to play or perform music in church facilities. The PERFORMmusic License makes it simple and affordable to play or perform millions of Christian and secular songs in your facilities and satellite campuses. Together the CCLI Church License and the PERFORMmusic License offer full coverage for the most common church activities and music use.

Churches and most 501(c)(3) non-profit religious organizations located in the US or its territories are eligible for this license. Colleges and universities do not qualify. Churches outside the US or its territories do not qualify for the license.

The PERFORMmusic License covers a wide range of performances of live and pre-recorded music outside of religious services including:

  • Pre- and post-service music
  • Café’s and bookstores
  • Concerts (non-ticketed)
  • On-hold music
  • Retreats
  • Picnics and barbecues
  • Graduations and award ceremonies
  • Dance and exercises classes
  • Fundraisers
  • Conferences and seminars
  • Vacation Bible School and camps
  • Movie nights
  • Youth group gatherings
  • And more!

The PERFORMmusic Facilities License covers all facilities on your primary and satellite campuses and even travels with you to other venues. The license is not available to colleges, universities, and seminaries.

Millions of Christian and secular songs from the combined catalogs of ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC are covered. This includes all genres of music, from Contemporary Christian and Gospel to Rock, Country, Holiday, Choral, Patriotic, Pop, Children’s, Instrumentals, and much more. To view the songs covered, simply visit each PRO’s repertory page and search their catalogs.

CCS partners with US performance rights organizations, ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC. The PROs authorize CCS to license churches and ministries to perform and play the songs in their catalogs allowing us to provide a one-stop performance license.

Reporting is not required.

Once you have the PERFORMmusic License, it’s simple to add-on and report ticketed concerts and events. There are numerous variables in our agreements, which make it difficult to give precise prices for events in advance. However, we know you need to budget for your programs. Fees for the quarters you submit ticketed event activity will have a minimum charge of $90.50, or an average of approximately 10% of gross ticket revenue, whichever is higher.

When you buy a church music license, like the PERFORMmusic License, or pay an invoice for music rights, you are directly supporting songwriters. CCS pays fees to the PRO’s and they pay their affiliated writers and publishers.

Recent Blog

March 12, 2024
What About Facebook Live?

Many churches continue outreach ideas using platforms so they can stream their media and music. A  popular service, Facebook Live,…

February 3, 2024
Legally Hosting A Church Super Bowl Viewing Party

Attention, football fans! On February 11th, 2024, the Kansas City Chiefs will face off against the San Francisco 49ers in…

November 18, 2023
Christmas Songs – Public Domain or Copyrighted? Free Guides to Help You Plan

This time every year, we start getting questions from churches about what licensing, if any, is needed to use Christmas music during programs and special events. And while there are many…